No Transponder at top of screen

cbennet12

I get an X at the top of the screen.

I have my GTX327 receiving altitude information from my Skyview and of course have TX out of the 327 to the same Skyview serial port. I set the Skyview to expect GTX327 IN and set the GTX to REMOTE for output.

I'm currently running 5.1.

Thanks,
Craig

mmarien

Murray M.
Could be GTX327's fault. I had to update the firmware on my GTX327 to get it to display at the top of the Skyview screen. :-?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
On the serial in setup on SV for that device, what are you seeing What are you seeing on the RX counter, sentence errors, and good sentences lines?

cbennet12

Nothing.

On the serial in setup on SV for that device, what are you seeing What are you seeing on the RX counter, sentence errors, and good sentences lines?

jhm

RE. No altitude readout

I have installed V6 and have lost altitude readout on my GTX330. do I have to alter the serial port and if so to what settings, all I am getting now is transponder fail on the messages

cbennet12

I checked and my 327 firmware is 2.09 so it either needs to be running 2.10 or I have an issue with my TX line from it to the SV.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Nothing.

In that case SkyView isn't seeing ANY data at all from the transponder. Check your pin out, wiring, and settings from end to end. If you have multiple SkyView displays, the serial ports in both directions need to be connected to both in parallel.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I have installed V6 and have lost altitude readout on my GTX330. do I have to alter the serial port and if so to what settings, all I am getting now is transponder fail on the messages

jhm - if it WAS working and now it's not, you might have been affected by a change in the way that the serial port settings work with 6.0. In previous versions, each display's serial port settings were set individually. In 6.0, it's system-wide (all displays' serial ports assume the same settings). You should have had all displays configured identically, and therefore the upgrade would be transparent. But if by chance you had something only connected to one display, or, one display's serial port settings weren't right, then there's a chance that the new system-wide settings aren't correct.

So start by going into SYSTEM SETUP > SERIAL PORT SETUP and see if the settings are as you expect them to be from your original installation. And also, if you only have your serial wires going to one display, that ought to be remedied.