Noise in Dynon HDX intercom when Autopilot engaged

Newkentboy

I get a heavy dose of static in my headphones when the autopilot is engaged. Every time the autopilot makes a slight correction, which is often, I get a static sound in my headset. I have the Dynon com. I’m using the Dynon HDX system. Is there any thing that can be done to eliminate this feedback? Turning up the squelch helps a little, but it’s still there and is very annoying.

Rhino

What autopilot/servos are you using?

Have you looked at this?

Newkentboy

Whatever came on it as new. It’s a 2019 Flight Design. Could I find that in the system somehow?

MikeD

All DC motors produce noise. Some are more egregious than others. I've addressed this problem on two occasions. The problem can be addressed by installing a noise suppression capacitor across the motor terminals, as close to the motor as possible. I have one on my flap motor and one on my AP roll servo. I spliced them into the dsub connector at the motor side.

I had a new roll servo that was very noisy. It was driving me nuts. I called Dynon and they gave me the specs for the capacitor to install. I suggest you do the same.