Oil Temperature Indication  Incorrect

lrfrey

This is a new one on me....  my Oil Temp readings on my D120 have been consistantly between 180 and 200 deg.  Yestarday on a normal flight the Oil Temp was around 185 until about one hour into the flight when it dropped to 160 and the alarm went off.  It stayed at 161 to 162 deg for the rest of the flight.

After the flight I dumped the data log and it showed that the Oil Temp never varied from the 180 to 190 deg range for the entire 30 minute period the 162 degrees was being indicated!

How can this be ?  (Data log time was 30 seconds)

LR

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That's odd indeed. Can you email the datalog (and a copy of your description) to support at dynonavionics dot com?

lrfrey

Yes I can send the info and log. I was going to fly agin today to see if I could repeat the symptoms but the WX was too bad. I will try again tomorrow. If you want the log anyway let me know, else I'll just try to recreate first.

Thanks, Larry

lrfrey

I finally had a chance to make another test flight for this issue a couple of days ago.  The Oil temp never got over 165 deg the whole flight and on average was 162 degrees.  OAT was comparable to the previous flight.

I went back and reviewed the data log for the previous flight, and indeed the log DID show the point at which the temp fell from the 185's to the low 160's, rather abruptly!  I must have pulled up the wrong data log before I sent the original message. Sorry for that error.

Now, the questions  become 1. is the sender faulty, 2. was the vernatherm stuck closed earlier, 3. is the vernatherm stuck open now 4. is there a bad connection somewhere 5. is the EMS displaying incorrectly, etc.... :-?

Look's like further investigation is the order of the day! Sorry to have posted a poor question.

Larry