Output Contact

cperry

Skyview has a number of "future" contact connections...not sure if its even possible with the current hardware, but it'd be neat if these could eventually be setup as output contacts that close based on a setpoint driven from another sensor.

For example, when my fuel pressure drops below a setpoint (say 4psi) it would close the contact, which I'd hook up through a relay to my boost pump.

mmarien

Murray M.
I second that.  :)

I know a simple function that would work for you with one condition only. Set your fuel pressure to cause a ALARM when it goes below 4psi. Then connect your relay to EMS D37 pin 29, the optional external alarm light. Your fuel pump will come on anytime there is low fuel pressure. Of course it will come on anytime there is any error but that may not be a bad thing. You want a non latching error so the pump goes off automatically when the error goes away.

A macro would be more versatile:

if D37_p8 = ALARM then D37_p36

which would cause D37 pin 36 to go high (+12V) when D37 pin 8 is in ALARM condition.

cperry

I think I'll skip connecting it to the warning lamp output...interesting idea though.

Of course, if Vertical Power could add the auto boost feature to the VPX-Sport (the VP400 already has it)...that would work too...

...or I could just remember to turn it off when I don't need it. :D