Pitch trim oddities

simonhelps

I love flying!
Hi,

I have a D10A and pitch and roll servos recently installed in my aircraft. I am having some issues with the Pitch control. At top of descent in level flight and the A/P engaged with NAV and ALT I select a lower altitude on the AP74 and the aircraft pitchers down correctly for a 500 fpm descent. I am waiting for a trim annunciation on the D10A but it does not show. At some point in the descent the SV52 Capstan pitch servo slips and the aircraft pitches violently up. I am not sure what might be the problem.

Separate and not related but included here for completeness - I might be trimmed in perfect level flight without the ALT turned on, smooth day etc and when I engage the ALT it wants me to trim up. I do this and then it goes away. Seems a bit odd.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Simon

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's usually more effective to troubleshoot issues with a specific aircraft directly with Dynon Avionics Technical Support - email support AT dynonavionics DOT com.

Hi,

I have a D10A and pitch and roll servos recently installed in my aircraft. I am having some issues with the Pitch control. At top of descent in level flight and the A/P engaged with NAV and ALT I select a lower altitude on the AP74 and the aircraft pitchers down correctly for a 500 fpm descent. I am waiting for a trim annunciation on the D10A but it does not show. At some point in the descent the SV52 Capstan pitch servo slips and the aircraft pitches violently up. I am not sure what might be the problem.

Separate and not related but included here for completeness - I might be trimmed in perfect level flight without the ALT turned on, smooth day etc and when I engage the ALT it wants me to trim up. I do this and then it goes away. Seems a bit odd.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Simon