problem updating 2nd panel to vers. 13.0

Axel

I updated my left Skyview from vers. 12 to vers 13. Network status on left side says, all devices ok, except right panel is still vers. 12.
Fine.
But the right Skyview system refuses the update, stating, it cannot find the EMS (which the left side reports as ok).
Rebooting does not help.

- what can be the problem?
- how can I revert to vers 12 ?

any ideas?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
You need to actually load the USB stick with the update on the right screen. A network configuration won't update the system, which I think what you may be doing. If that's not the case, give us a call at 425-402-0433 and we can help you through it with a little more personalized assistance.

Axel

thanks for your reply.
Of course I put the USB on the right side, too, I know that the update cannot be done through the network.

But the right side refused, stating it cannot connect to the EMS (which the left side finds).

I sent diagnostic files and screenshots documenting the issue through your reportlog page, pls have a look.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Something isn't adding up here - the system is designed so that when a newer than software version is on the modules already, as will happen much of the time when you update your second screen, it should recognize them as having newer software and allow you to continue on. One thing you can do - when you get to the part where you seemingly can't continue, button 8, which normally would say "upgrade" (or load, I forget the exact word) will be blank. Push it anyway, and that display should load version 13. Having both displays on the same version may allow you to do a network configuration and get everything back in sync. All that said, if you've sent screenshots to our support team, you might wait until they get a look at them. It might reveal something I'm not thinking of here.

Axel

It might reveal something I'm not thinking of here.
It is simpler than you think:

There was an error message coming up ("EMS not connected ...") with no choice (no button labeled).
So we did what the error message mandated: looking for the  EMS connection, disconnecting and reconnecting cables, and so on
But all was ok.

In reality we should have ignored the error message and just pressed an unlabelled button (#8), but who could know ?
We always do what Dynon engineers tell us ...

So the problem was the error message and the fact that there was no label whatsoever, as Steve finally told us.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Well... we don't want you to IGNORE the error message. Your situation was very rare; in the vast majority of situations where there's a message stating that a module is offline, a module IS offline, and if you proceed to update your system with that unit offline, things will get worse after the update (like temporarily having no AP). That's why your second display  didn't show the UPDATE button. Your particular system somehow got very out-of-sync between the two SkyView displays, thus the error message was false, and updating the "confused" display cured the situation.

It is simpler than you think:

There was an error message coming up ("EMS not connected ...") with no choice (no button labeled).
So we did what the error message mandated: looking for the  EMS connection, disconnecting and reconnecting cables, and so on
But all was ok.

In reality we should have ignored the error message and just pressed an unlabelled button (#8), but who could know ?
We always do what Dynon engineers tell us ...

So the problem was the error message and the fact that there was no label whatsoever, as Steve finally told us.