Problem with trim interface

S20Raven

I love flying!
Having trouble with my Ray Allen pitch trim interfaced with the SV-AP-Panel. Using the trim switch(s) mounted on the sticks, trim will run fine in either direction for appx 8 seconds and then quit. I can release the button and immediately reengage it and trim will then run again for about 8 seconds. It does that from full up to full down. I had initially hooked the trim up to the VPX-Sport and was able to configure it in the Dynon Skyview Classic. I could make it run continuously from full up to full down just fine and the trim indicator on the Skyview works fine. At that point I realized that I needed to change the motor wiring  from the VPX over to the AP Panel in order to take advantage of the autotrim feature. I left the indicator wiring on the VPX and only moved the power for the motor and the trim switch(s) wiring to the AP panel as shown in the installation guide. The setup on the Skyview was performed and Autotrim function enabled. Same problem as described above. I tried changing amperage value to the trim from 2 amps to 5 amps. While running the trim motor the VPX configurator shows it only pulling .3 amps and no fault when it shuts down. Any ideas will be appreciated.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This is by design. This prevents a trim run-away condition if a button sticks. Given you never really trim this long in flight, it's a pretty reasonable protection.

Covered on page 18-5 of the install manual:

If a trim control button is pushed for more than five seconds (or longer, such as a stuck button), trim control on that axis will be temporarily inactivated until the button is first released.

S20Raven

I love flying!
Thanks for the quick response. Must have read that page 10 times but missed that part for some reason. Builders brain?!