Procedure Turn Not Displaying

Pfactor

I have a n HDx and GNS530w all data is up to date . Shooting RNAv yesterday and flight plan displayed on the map the gps was showing the PT but the map in the Dynon did not . The HSI worked as it should and steered my around the pt, but it wasn’t on the map of the Hdx . Scratching my head

Last edited:

airguy

Same experience here with the procedure turns, using both the Garmin 430W and the Avidyne 440. The procedure turn is shown on the map of the navigator if you zoom in to that level, but does not display on the Dynon. The rest of the flight plan displays on the Dynon just fine, but apparently the procedure turn does not get transferred through the ARINC-429 into the Dynon - or if it does, the Dynon does not display it, not sure which is the case.

Pfactor

Thanks , I have installed dozens of the Skyview systems and none of my customers have ever mentioned it . I just noticed it yesterday in IMC . No big deal at the time and certainly didn’t want to mess with it without and Ap

Danerazz

Does the SV just pull the actual fixes from the navigator, or the “course?” What does the “list” view of the flight plan (not the map) show?

I don’t know any answers, I’m just curious.

Pfactor

List shows the flight plans waypoints , I exported it I will look at it and see

JP JR

I had the same thing happen when flying RNAV X 24 for KCRQ that has an arch in it last week feeding from my Garmin 355 to the HDX. The HDX showed straight lines from the waypoints in the arch but the Dynon AP flew the approach arch as shown on the Garmin

Marc_J._Zeitlin

I have a n HDx and GNS530w all data is up to date . Shooting RNAv yesterday and flight plan displayed on the map the gps was showing the PT but the map in the Dynon did not . The HSI worked as it should and steered my around the pt, but it wasn’t on the map of the Hdx . Scratching my head
Good answers here.

I flew two practice approaches today with a hold and a PT. As @Pfactor says, the waypoints are all in the Dynon FP as pulled from the navigator, but the reason the PT/hold isn't shown is that a hold or PT is going from a listed waypoint to itself. In my case, it was from ENAMY (KMHV RNAV 04 and RNAV 22).

There's no waypoint at the beginning/end of the turn itself at the distal end of the PT/hold - just the knowledge that we should be flying 7 NM legs (for those approaches). There's no way to tell Dynon that, apparently.

So there's nothing to display. The navigator knows how long the PT/hold legs are and directs the Dynon AP to fly them (or the pilot, if hand flying), but there's nothing for the Dynon to display.

At least that's my interpretation of what's going on.