Rebooting

Ron_B

We have dual displays. While configuring the flap sensor on the D-1000 it started, continually trying to reboot. The D-700 is unaffected. We tried to turn off the D-1000 , it does not responds to any command. We even tried turning off the master power (with the back-up battery disconnected, it did turn off) but problem still exist. Any thoughts?
Ron

n223rv

Make sure you have the flap sensors wired correctly and no shorts. When I was installing my flap sensor, I had wired the roll and pitch trim at the same time. The roll trim wire was disconnected as the wings are not installed. When I powered up, the EMS went literally crazy and all the readings were cycling and everything went nuts. Apparently the unterminated end of the roll trim was shorting on another wire in the bundle. When I separated the wires, everything worked fine. Not sure if this is your issue, but check for any unterminated wires shorting out.

n223rv

Dynon,
You may want to look into the trim system wiring. It looks like a shorted trim input can bring down the system. Maybe all shorts can? It just happened to me by mistake so it may be worth looking in to.
-Mike

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ron - a loose power connection at the display?

Mike - because the connection between the EMS module and the screen is a data connection only, this mis-wirings on the sensor side of the module is basically isolated from the side that communicates back to the display.