Regulated altitude

jeanmi

Hi,
I have à AP 74 coupling with a efis D100 with GPS avmap,
When i use the AP, i set à altitude for exemple 2500 feet, When the aircraft is stabilised, the altitude is 2550 feet . for all altitude set. The altitude regulated is always 50 feet above.

Do you have a idea of the probleme ?

Jean Michel

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This is a phenomenon that we're aware of, and are looking into. When you're stabilized, does the EFIS indicate a completely level attitude? Or does it have a constant non-zero roll indication?

jeanmi

hi, thanks for the quickly response,

in turbulence air, the altitude move between 2530 and 2570 feet, in still air the altitude move between 2540 ann 2550 feet, the midel regulation are always 50 feet aver the set point ?

jeanmi

hi,

I have two aircraft, the first is a RV8 with a sky view,no problem for regulating. On the RV8, there is no spring to return the stick to the neutral, while my secondary aircraft is a dynamic WT9 (D100, AP 47, AVMAP 4 ) with spring recalls. this may be the problem, the Sevo must always compensate for the spring and the differance of altiture.

it's just an idea

mmarien

Murray M.
The pitch trim on my Glasair II is just a spring, but the Skyview AP holds the altitude OK. It show TRIM if it's working against the trim spring and SLIP if the trim is out of wack.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
jeanmi - I was curious about what the roll component of the attitude is (from your artificial horizon) when you're stabilized on an offset altitude. Does the EFIS show you banked?

jeanmi

The Offset altitude is ok, the error decrease to 30 feet when i put the altitude gain at the maximum

jm

JR

I have similar problem, Alt is 50 ft high of set point.
Mine is Jabiru, also with spring trim

Trim indicator seems contradictory, regularly asking for up trim when AC is above set point and climbing, similar for down trim indication.
Mostly in mild turbulence, in still conditions all seems good apart from off set Alt

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you're getting erroneous trim indications that never seem to go away or don't agree with the aircraft's actual trim state, your servo may not be sensing trim correctly. Give our tech support a call.

DBRV10

I notified Dynon about this 2 years ago when the first release of the additional tuning parameters was released.

Always 20' above set point. ALWAYS...never been any different.

I have wondered if it is a gain setting doing it but I have never bothered to chase it down.

Lawrence was aware of it. He may have forgotten. ;)

A090.jpg