Removal of the roll arc from the trim widget

RodDavis

I love flying!
I only have pitch trim installed on the aircraft and its indication works fine on the EMS.  Is there anyway to remove the roll trim arc from the top of the trim widget and just leave the pitch trim indication?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes. Remove the pin you have configured as "aileron position" in your pin assignments in the EMS setup.

StanH

I love flying!
I am also trying to remove the aileron trim arc but so far having no success.  I wired up my system exactly as the example in the Skyview Instal. Manual (7-12, Table 18) - I have a Lycoming YO-320D1A with carb.  There is no pin assigned to 'aileron position' so I can't remove it!  What am I missing? 
Also several pins are missing and there are a number not connected - if I needed to how would I get the missing pins back?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
When you say there is no pin assigned, we mean that you need to clear the pin that is assigned aileron under SETUP MENU > EMS SETUP > SENSOR INPUT MAPPING. The pin in question will have POSITION in both the "function" and "sensor" columns, and AILERN in the "name" column. Note that you may need to scroll down the page (you can only see the first 14 pins, and it goes to 37).

Alternatively, do you have a VP-X by chance? That changes things somewhat.

StanH

I love flying!
I do have a VP-X but I am not using it for trim, it is supplied by the AP Control Panel because I want autotrim.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
In SkyView's VP-X setup menu, are Aileron, Elevator, and Flap position all set to "SkyView" and not "VP-X"?

StanH

I love flying!
That did it, the settings in the VP-X menu were the problem. Thanks a lot!