Required Items

GrinchF16

Not 100% sure this is the correct place for this. Installing a single 10" Skyview Classic in my RV7A utilizing an AFS Advanced Control Module. Have a GPS 175, 1x Dynon Comm, 1x iCom A210, GMA 240, A/P and Knob Panels, D10A as backup, building room in the panel for a future 7" Skyview Classic.

Questions:
1) Planning on WiFi Adapter for updates, should I also put in USB ports on panel that go to back of EFIS.? Would put in two knowing 7" EFIS will come.
2) Would like the Dynon Transponder and ADSB but running low on money. Since I'm using the ACM, can I get the Transponder and wait on the ADSB-472 then just plug-n-play when I get it?
3) I understand the GPS 175 will provide WAAS signal for ADSB Out. Do I still need GPS-250 for the Skyview or will GPS 175 feed that as well? Would the GPS 250 serve as nav (VFR of course) redundancy?

lancair360

need arinc 429 box to let garmin and dynon talk to each too.

over the air updates isn't available yet but MAY be coming. in the meantime you plug USB stick into display to update databases and system software. multiple screens linked together - update database on one and it will sync to the others. however system software updates need to be done on each individual screen if you have more than one.

I THINK (someone will correct me) that you could use the GPS175 for all you nav on the dynon screen, just would have that as sole source. i think you may need dynon gps for certain functionality though. then on the dynon you can switch between the garmin and dynon nav sources.

Rhino

For clarification, there is wifi capability now, but it isn't yet used for firmware updates. It's only for transferring flight plans and such from certain software packages such as Foreflight, iFlyGPS, etc., and charts from Seattle Avionics. Your wiring harness should have a USB port built in that allows you to do firmware updates without getting to the back of the display (the install manual says the Classic has one anyway). If that's not convenient, you can put a USB port on the panel. I suggest a dust cap for it. They tend to collect stuff sometimes.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
1) Most people plug those into the back ports
2) Yep. You'll still get some traffic via TIS-A via the transponder in some radar areas (increasingly few as the latest radar no longer has this capability). But no ADS-B traffic or wx until you have the receiver.
3) It CAN ,but you're putting all your GPS position eggs in one basket. If the GPS 175 weren't available, you'd have no position in the aircraft, and no map on SkyView. We highly recommend the SV-GPS-250 as a backup for IFR installations.