Rotax 912 iS Fuel Flow Indication.

sunfish

I love flying!
I cannot get the Rotax 912 iS fuel flow indication to work. I can get the CAN Bus indication to work but not my two red cube flow meters indication.

Ive tried reloading the configuration files from the Dynon website and they dont work either. I can see the red cube counters flipping around on the EMS diagnostic page, so both cubes are working. They are hooked to pins 14 and 19 respectively as per instructions.

Ive tried fiddling with the calibrations and an get it something like working by using wildly different calibration values. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

sunfish

I love flying!
Problem might be solved. Its not a Dynon issue I think. I diagrammed out my fuel system preparatory to sorting out calibration factors and suddenly realized that my bypass orifice is on the wrong side of the fuel inlet red cube so the inlet is measuring flow to the engine but the return red cube is measuring return from engine plus bypassed fuel - which is considerable, maybe 40l/hr, and the engine is only using maybe 20l/hr. The Dynon system would be scratching its head with more fuel returning then input - negative fuel flow readings. I'll try and fix it tomorrow.

DBRV10

I think I set up the first 912iS in Oz, we did not bother with the red cubes and the CAN supplied flow is pretty darned close to spot on. As it should be. Same in my boat, but I digress.

The bypass flow on an iS is going to be way more than 40LPH, it is staggering......I do not recall but maybe 120LPH. It is ridiculous.