Rotax 914 EGT probe

cozythree

Hi all,

While installing the EMS-D120 this weekend I noticed the probes that came with my dynon require me to drill holes in my exhaust. The problem is the 914 comes with the holes already drilled and with male threads. Do I have the wrong probes or is this something dynon does not supply that I must obtain on my own?
Thanks for your help, I'm looking forward to flying with my new equipment.
Kevin

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Kevin,

The probe kit that we (and our dealers) sell is for the Rotax 912. There's a few small differences between the 912 and 914, and you just found one of them. This is why we only list the probe kit as being for the 912.

We don't stock senders that go into those bosses, but any K-type thermocouple will work with the EMS-D120. It appears that Spruce does stock some of these senders that fit the factory bosses.

Please also be aware that we don't currently have a way to do fuel pressure on a 914, since that requires a sender that does airbox vs. fuel pressure, not fuel vs. ambient pressure.

cozythree

Thanks for your reply. I will find a source for the probes. By the way, Spruce does list the package as 912/914 with no mention of
the diffrence in probes.
Thanks again and I look forward to flying with the D100 and D120.
Kevin

Simn_Smith

Try www.sportflyingshop.com who sell the MGL Stratomaster range. The Stratomaster dealer here in the UK sells stratomaster EGT probes which fit the 914 threads (metric).