rotax engine settings

crashley

I imported and downloaded the EMS-912-01072010 file to the skyview but it still only gives me the option of lycoming continetal or other engine what have I done wrong
ashley

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Nothing. The Rotax file only sets the pin mapping and the layouts on the EMS pages. The "Rotax mode", like the one that exists on the D100 series, has yet to be implemented, so there's no Rotax option yet.

trevpond

Hi,

I'm in the middle of installing my Skyview on my Europa which is fitted with a Rotax 914 - I trust the unit will show my engine information on screen?  I have used all the recommended EMS pin position and have set up all the guages etc.

regards

Trev Pond

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This is more information for the Rotax 914. There are a few differences from the 912; enough that you probably don't want to purchase the EMSKIT-912 sensor kit, but rather source the sensors individually. (We do not have access to a 914 here, so we are depending on customer feedback for some of this information.)

1) WIRING: The installation is mostly the same as the 912 except the 914 uses a TCU (turbo control unit). To get a tach output from the TCU a customer reports that the following works (Note, confirmation of this from additional customers would be appreciated) :
 * Obtain the Tach output from the TCU and not the 5th trigger coil as directed in the install manual for the 912.
 * Output comes off pin 13 of the TCU. No resistor required.
 * Ground pin 26 of the TCU

2) EGT PROBES: The 914 uses special EGT probes. Two that should work are the Westach 712-4D6K and UMA 2B30.

3) FUEL PRESSURE: The 914 uses a different fuel pressure sensor.  We have not characterized that sensor yet, but we will very shortly.

4) FUEL FLOW: If you want to measure fuel flow, you will want to install two fuel flow senders.  One for fuel flow in, and one for the return fuel flow.  SkyView accepts two fuel flow inputs, and subtracts the return from the input to obtain total fuel used.