RV-10 Roll Servo Safety Wire and Rod End Bolts

lynnb

I love building!
Two questions:
1: In the instructions I received it shows the bolts for attaching the rod ends being inserted from top to bottom, where the instructions I just saw on the website show them attached opposite way, does the nut and bolt orientation matter for attaching the rod ends?

2: Since the two rod end bolts are attached with lock nuts, do the bolt heads need to be safety wired? If so, what is the best point to wire these to since the aileron bracket and servo arm both move?

As always, thanks for the help.

Lynn

lynnb

I love building!
Here are a couple of pictures about what I'm talking about, it also appears the new instructions call for two AN970 washers on the aileron attachment pushrod, where the kit I have, only called for one and only came with one.
Link to Latest PDF I found, looking at Page 7:
http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/Installation_Guides_Autopilot/RV7,8,10_Roll_Kit_Instructions_Rev_H.pdf

20151222_183343.jpg

20151222_183410.jpg

davedubb

Lynn, we updated the installation guide for the RV-7/8/10 kit back in April of 2015. If your kit was manufactured before that date your instructions would have the old version. Please download and follow the most up to date installation guide from our website.

The bolt heads do not need to be safety wired because we ship a nut with a nylon locking insert in the kit. The bolts supplied in the kit have drilled heads because they are used in other kits that may require the safety wire.

However, I would suggest that you reverse the direction of the bolt that attaches the pushrod to the servo arm. The nut should be on the inside for safety reasons. Again refer to the latest installation guide on our website.