RV-14A Trim Not Working

RVTim

Although the trim motors work on the bench they do not work on my RV-14A.

I thought it could be a wiring issue but when activated the trim switches they all go to ground on the input pins on the AP panel. Continuity to the motor also checks out. I have even measured the voltage accross pins 7 and from the AP panel but get no voltage, even when trying the configure setting.

Any ideas?

Rhino

Is the SV-AV-PANEL configured on the Skyview network?

RVTim

Hi Carl, I may have misunderstood the following. "If trim motor(s) control is not used, do not connect. Power and ground for SV-AP-PANEL front panel buttons is provided by SkyView Network.". I had read that mean the additional module but after reading it again I now realise I was wrong and need to connect 12V to pin 9. Thank you!

Carl_Froehlich

You are not the first to miss this. The SkyView install manual is not well done for trim servo wiring.

Don’t forget the trim motor(s) breaker on the 12vdc feed to pin 9.
Carl

RVTim

Thanks Carl, I already put the CB on the panel, and have it in a prominent position to pull if I have a runaway trim, which I identified in the early stages of my electrical design but managed to convince myself was redundant.

Should be a quick fix to run the power and ground :)

chriscalandro

Depending on what type of trim you are driving the power supplied might not be enough and perhaps neither will the additional amp power.

I have documented a working circuit and solution on here somewhere to overcome the problem if you end up having it.