RV-7 Pitch Servo binding with Elevator pushrod

704ch

I love flying!
Hey Guys, as you can see per photo, even though I built per spec, when my elevator is in the full up position the pushrod hits the roll servo arm fairly significantly.   Any ideas, anyone else have this problem? 

Per the instructions the servo arm is not 90 Degrees to the servo when the elevator is in neutral.  If it were 90 degrees, that would potentially solve my problem.  This would mean if I extend the servo pushrod about ½ inch it would center the servo when in neutral and the arm should be out of the way both up and down travel.   i.e. in the photo, the servo arm would be pushed back further and lowered out of conflict with the elevator pushrod..

Would this do anything negative to the autopilot operation?  It would be contrary to the Dynon Specs.

Link to photo:  https://picasaweb.google.com/RV704CH/DropBox#5843039743890723874

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1246.JPG
    IMG_1246.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 161

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Additionally, you might also check that the neutral position on the pitch "Reversing Bellcrank" is set correctly.

704ch

I love flying!
The Reversing Bellcrank is set per plans. The Pushrod was also 4 inches and I ensured 6 inch centers on the bearing. I have corrected this for now by adding about 1/8 inch to each bearing, so now the servo pushrod has about 6 1/4 inch centers. It clears the elevator pushrod fine, so I think I will be OK. - Thx