Screen Protectors

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We've tested some, more in the context of using them to add a more matte finish. It shouldn't affect touch, and, in our experience, didn't reduce the visibility/clarity much. Ones that are designed to impart more of a matte finish for anti-reflective properties do tend to soften the display a bit (SkyView Classic and SkyView Touch have this matte style glass - which is not a protector - which is one of the differences between the two display generations), but that's by design. Your mileage may vary of course. Different materials may have different visibility properties.

cbretana

Thanks for your reply. I will go for it. Your HDX screen seem sto take minor abuse well, but an extra layer of protection seems a good idea. hate to scratch screen on $4000 component!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I will say, my aircraft has 1500+ hours with 8 partners, their families, kids, and endless friends and young eagle flights, and I've never noticed a scratch (caveat: high wing = no foot kicks as you drop in).

kurtfly

I love flying!
I installed the photodon MXT 50% on my HDX today and am very happy with the results. This amount of matte matches the other displays and eliminates the glare.

Kurt.
IMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0678.jpeg

Shary

I installed a set of Tech Armor anti-glare on my dual HDX set. As noted above, the presentation was softened and the glare was eliminated. The Touch Screen was not effected, nor did I detect any heat reaction or other adverse effect on the screen. However, when the sun was directly (or slightly off) from my back, the display was almost totally washed out. So, result was "six of one, half dozen of the other."
In the end, I removed the glare shield and decided to live with the glare and reflection. (using dark crepe-paper against my body to "eliminate" reflections from light colored clothing) At least I can see the display in all conditions, even if I have to block the reflection with dark paper against me.