screenshots

Axel

Hi,
when I press "screenshot" (button 2 and 7), I get

screenshot in progress

but no screen is shot on my USB stick.

What can be the reason ? Any ideas?
How are screenshot files named? what type ? .jpg?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Additionally, the images land in the "screenshots" directory, so are you looking in there?

Do you have more than one USB stick plugged in? SkyView only supports one at a time.

The screenshots are named like this, and are .BMP in format: "screenshot-20120921-181856-692.bmp"

jakej

Additionally, the images land in the "screenshots" directory, so are you looking in there?

Do you have more than one USB stick plugged in? SkyView only supports one at a time.

The screenshots are named like this, and are .BMP in format: "screenshot-20120921-181856-692.bmp"

I've also just seen this, did several screen shots however only 1 was shown despite the SV acknowledgement that they were all taken - & yes, it has vers 7.0.1 :)

Jake J

Axel

There is no "screenshots" directory on the stick and I have only one USB stick plugged in. Even if I had two sticks connected, I would expect a warning, but not "screenshot in progress".

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you have two USB sticks, it will show up on one of them, it just may not be the one you want.

If it says "screenshot in process" it believes it is taking one. It will give you an error if there is no USB stick or it is full, or formatted wrong.

preid

On the "screenshot in progress" is it normal now for it to be present so long? before the 7.0 the screenshot in progress was rather quick, like seconds, now it's 10 seconds or so.. is that normal? with that said I do get all the pictures I take and I am not complaining just asking if that is a normal behavior now.
Thx!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It is normal for it to be slowed down. Pre-7.0 there were some corner cases where taking a screen shot could cause the screen to pause for a few seconds, which some customers didn't like. In order to get rid of that, we had to slow down the writes to the stick. That's actually where the bug in 7.0 came up....