Seattle Avionics charts not syncing

CS100

This just started happening. I have the current charts downloaded onto the usb and inserted into my dedicated slot. I have a (3) screen system which are connected via ethernet cables as well as I have bluetooth dongles in all three. After the upload is completed, and seeing that all three screens are syncing, the Approach plates/AD are only showing up on one screen. Has anyone had this happen? Thanks.

CanardMulti

Meaning no disrespect, at the risk of asking a too-obvious question: Are you aware that EACH screen must have its own, individual usb drive with the SA chart data? Each usb port must be connected to the screen on which you expect to display SA charts.

It only requires one SA chart subscription and monthly download, but there must be three drives loaded w/ the same information. The data is first downloaded to your computer. If all 3 drives are in your computer as the data manager program chugs thru the download, all three drives will then be updated from that data newly downloaded onto your computer.

Dynon provided data is stored internally within each screen. The Ethernet cables allow that data to sync after loading the Dynon files via just one screen's usb port. The SA data is stored externally on a usb drive. The Ethernet cable(s) do not sync external data, so each screen requires its own drive.

Ken

CS100

No disrespect taken, and thanks very much for making this clear for me. My assumption was that if the screens were syncing, everything would sync, including the SA charts, but apparently I'm mistaken. I use the 3rd (center screen) on my panel as a dedicated engine monitor, so I will have to have (2) usb's, one for the pilot and one for the co-pilot side.

CanardMulti

Glad to help. Whether or not you choose to have approach plates and / or enroute charts available as a backup on your center screen is entirely up to you. The only cost to you is that of the 3rd flash drive and the time to load it.

Do note, however, that should you choose to not have a dedicated remote usb port for the third screen actually on the panel, you should still make sure that the ports on the back of the 3rd screen are readily accessible. That's because when system software updates become available, they must be loaded into each screen individually via flash drive thru one of that screen's usb ports. That can be either one of the ones on the back of the screen or the remote port - the one you see on most folks' panels - that connects to the screen thru pins 16, 17, 18, and 19 of the screen's 37 pin connector.

Ken

CS100

Glad to help. Whether or not you choose to have approach plates and / or enroute charts available as a backup on your center screen is entirely up to you. The only cost to you is that of the 3rd flash drive and the time to load it.

Do note, however, that should you choose to not have a dedicated remote usb port for the third screen actually on the panel, you should still make sure that the ports on the back of the 3rd screen are readily accessible. That's because when system software updates become available, they must be loaded into each screen individually via flash drive thru one of that screen's usb ports. That can be either one of the ones on the back of the screen or the remote port - the one you see on most folks' panels - that connects to the screen thru pins 16, 17, 18, and 19 of the screen's 37 pin connector.

Ken
Thanks again for the information. I'm going to install remote usb ports for the additional screens.

airguy

The "syncing" that you are seeing is for the Dynon-provided obstacle and nav database, which is now automatically downloaded on the USB by Seattle Avionics, where you used to have to download it separately. That file, when you load it onto one of your screens, WILL auto-sync to the others if they are connected by the Ethernet cable. The other files, the bulk of the data that SA provides (charts, sectionals, plates etc) does not autosync, and you will need a USB with that data plugged into each screen that you want to be able to view it on.

CS100

The "syncing" that you are seeing is for the Dynon-provided obstacle and nav database, which is now automatically downloaded on the USB by Seattle Avionics, where you used to have to download it separately. That file, when you load it onto one of your screens, WILL auto-sync to the others if they are connected by the Ethernet cable. The other files, the bulk of the data that SA provides (charts, sectionals, plates etc) does not autosync, and you will need a USB with that data plugged into each screen that you want to be able to view it on.
Yes, thank you very much. Someone else responded yesterday with the same information.

VIFlyer

This just started happening. I have the current charts downloaded onto the usb and inserted into my dedicated slot. I have a (3) screen system which are connected via ethernet cables as well as I have bluetooth dongles in all three. After the upload is completed, and seeing that all three screens are syncing, the Approach plates/AD are only showing up on one screen. Has anyone had this happen? Thanks.
I have had it happen a few times. Sometimes it just takes reinserting the usb stick. If it keeps happening I erase the usb stick and re-format the stick and down load again. This seems to fix it.