Seattle Avionics download issue - anyone else?

airguy

On the latest set of data from Seattle Avionics, on my system the VFR Sectional Charts for Mexico regions Sierra Madre Del Sur, Tehuantepec, and Yucatan will not recognize as legitimate files and it keeps trying to download them again every hour when the datamanager checks for updates. I've uninstalled the application 4 times, deleting all the datafiles each time, reinstalled with the same results. I contacted support at Seattle Avionics, they had me do exactly the same thing I had already done, with the same results I had before, and then shrugged their shoulders and said "We can't reproduce the problem on our end."

I'm very curious to see if anyone else is seeing their datamanager doing the same thing, re-downloading these files each update check?

djones

Administrator
Staff member
I actually had a similar problem at work, there were 4 states I couldn't get the IFR charts to download. Back and forth upstairs a few times we finally decided it was a firewall issue. Had our IT guy white list the download site and poof, no problems.