Seattle Chartdata Manager using Parallel?

steve m

Anybody had success using Seattle ChartData manager using Parallel (virtual windows) I keep getting an error that Seattle Chart manager thinks the USB is formated "prlsf" vs "fat32"? The parallel window machine shows prlsf format but my mac still shows FAT32 format. I cannot figure out how to get the parallel Windows VM machine to see\change the USB format to FAT32

RV8JD

Yes, I use an iMac running Parallels (both Windows 10 and Windows 11 VMs) and use the Seattle ChartData Manager with no problem.

I have run into the issue you mention. The issue occurs when you connect the USB drive to the Mac OS instead of to the Windows VM. Even though the USB drive IS formatted as "fat32", it's seen as a "prlsf" formatted drive in this situation.

You cannot use the USB drive if it is connected to the Mac OS, it must be connected to the Windows VM.

You do not have to reformat the drive, just connect it to the Windows VM after the Windows VM is up and running. If you put the USB drive in before the Windows VM is running, it won't work since the USB drive will already be connected to the Mac OS.

This screenshot may help:

i-v8NVbmf-L.jpg

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

RV8JD

Excellent! Glad to hear it. It threw me too, the first time it happened to me.