Seneca Autopilot

SenecaManica

Hello folks....

So, I am looking for info from Seneca pilots about the Autopilot.

I'm flabbergasted that Dynon would bring a brand new Autopilot to the table for the Seneca, but only with 2-Axis :oops:

I want to ditch my steam gauges and go glass, and love the idea of a Dynon Setup! Cost and functionality are the selling points for me.

My Seneca currently has its original KFC 200 with Yaw Damper (Yaw added in 1988). I can't imagine flying her on long trips without it. The Dutch roll these Senecas have in turbulence can be gut churning on a bad day.

I contacted Dynon, and got a very business-ish answer. "We aren't currently looking into it, but never say never. It may happen, but don't expect it" 😅

I have comments on other threads that made mention of Senecas. Does anyone have information on how the Dynon Autopilot handles the Seneca in winds and turbulence? Anything you'd change? Shortcomings? (Besides only 2-axis lol)

Thanks for your time and information.

Cheers

Pfactor

Morning ,
I recently completed a senneca 2 installation . I was along a a few test flights with the owner and found the autopilot did a fine jobs in mild to moderate bumps . I did not feel the yaw tendency was as pronounced as a Beechcraft would be . I would suggest a few trips with your yaw damper disengaged and see if your passengers notice or say anything . You should be able to cruise high enough to get clear of the bumps on most flights anyway .

Attachments

• IMG_2753.jpeg
    IMG_2753.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37