Seneca dual fuel flow

ilateapex

Flew the Seneca with my Skyview to Oshkosh last week. One thing I found lacking was the fuel totalizer per engine and tank. Currently the totalizer is for total fuel. I would like the option for per engine per tank. Even though there is option for cross feed there is not reason to use that unless you loose an engine and run low.

Is this possible with the current software?

Michael

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The totalizer is only aware of the total fuel state of the aircraft, and can not compute fuel totals per tank.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Actually, I miss-spoke. There's an option under the dual engine setup to split the fuel computers in two. But, as you said, it's really only appropriate when the fuel systems are COMPLETELY separate. Any use of cross-flow would invalidate the values.

ilateapex

How do i get to this option? Jesse Saint mentioned it could be only changed by Dynon as there is a bug that bricks the system if user adjusted for now. The reason I want to do this is that the K value needs major adjustment. It seems 50% off

Michael

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
You're right, currently, changing the twin engine monitoring system options are not supported. Get in touch with our technical support team for more assistance here. (contact info in signature)

Zoomy350

Flew the Seneca with my Skyview to Oshkosh last week. One thing I found lacking was the fuel totalizer per engine and tank. Currently the totalizer is for total fuel. I would like the option for per engine per tank. Even though there is option for cross feed there is not reason to use that unless you loose an engine and run low.

Is this possible with the current software?

Michael
I am a little confused by your post. I have a Seneca as well and I will be picking it up from the avionics shop next week with a full Dynon panel. Do you have a picture from your engine monitor to better explain what it is you're missing and what you currently have? Our engine monitor shows two tanks graphics of fuel and how much is in them. Are you wanting to know how much each engine has burned vs total burn?

ilateapex

I am a little confused by your post. I have a Seneca as well and I will be picking it up from the avionics shop next week with a full Dynon panel. Do you have a picture from your engine monitor to better explain what it is you're missing and what you currently have? Our engine monitor shows two tanks graphics of fuel and how much is in them. Are you wanting to know how much each engine has burned vs total burn?
The graphics show fuel level based on level senders in the tanks. I am wanting the fuel totalizer to show total fuel used per side. The Dynon recommended K value settings for my system were way off. I added 90 gallons of fuel after the totalizer said I burned 60. I am now blindly trying to adjust 4 each k values (supply and return for each engine) without knowing the separate total flows for each side. Without being able to know the total amount used of each engine it is a guess to get the K values correct.

Michael

Zoomy350

The graphics show fuel level based on level senders in the tanks. I am wanting the fuel totalizer to show total fuel used per side. The Dynon recommended K value settings for my system were way off. I added 90 gallons of fuel after the totalizer said I burned 60. I am now blindly trying to adjust 4 each k values (supply and return for each engine) without knowing the separate total flows for each side. Without being able to know the total amount used of each engine it is a guess to get the K values correct.

Michael
Do you have a return line that requires another transducer per engine? My installer showed my the fuel flow calibration page and told me that only one pin was used on each EMS for the fuel transducer and the other one does nothing. I know I will immediately forget which is which so I will put the same value on each pin for each engine. What I did find on that page that would probably be useful for you is a line for last flight fuel used for each engine. This would allow you to make more accurate pul/gal per engine if your transducers. I know the fuel used totalizer on the EMS screen is from the last fill up vs last flight but you should be able to get some more accurate K values by looking at the fuel flow cal page.

ilateapex

I do have two transducers per engine. One on supply and one on return. Trying to get that dialed in now.

Michael