Serial out for compatible comm radios

RV8Driver

Any plans in store for a serial out for programming frequencies into compatible comm radios like the Sl40 or SL30? I had this feature wired on the Black Mountain EFIS and it was really convenient. I'm leaving those wires in hoping someday Dynon might have that feature.

Tom

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, we will have this someday. It will likely be when we release our own comm radio that we will add the ability to send to the SL-30/Sl-40 as well.

Meanwhile, there are more radios out there now which can benefit from the serial connection such as the MGL V6. Can the Skyview software be updated without waiting for a Dynon radio?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There's efficiency to be gained by doing all of the radio software work at once, for one. Won't be too much longer now, though. No dates to announce yet, but we'll be saying more soon.

N805PY

There's efficiency to be gained by doing all of the radio software work at once, for one. Won't be too much longer now, though. No dates to announce yet, but we'll be saying more soon.

I'm thinking Sun n Fun??  :)

I'm just starting my avionics build, and will be using a PAR100EX, so hopefully it will also be compatible.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As far as I can tell from reading the PAR100EX install manual, it has no inputs to be controlled from anything but the audio panel, so there is no way we can interface with it.