Servo disappears

ollie

Finished installing a capstain roll servo hooked to the rudder pedals of my Rans S7S. Every thing appears to be working ok. After I start the engine I turn the avionics master on and turn on power to servo,autopilot not engaged, and after about 30 sec I get err message and servo drops off,disappears. If I shut down and do a configuration it will come back. Ihave checked and rechecked the wiring etc.
????

Ollie

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
A few questions: Is it only the two devices hooked up via DSAB (the EFIS and the servo)? When you go into SETUP>DSAB>STATUS, after the servo goes away failure, what is the displayed status of the servo?

Also - ideally, you want the servo to be powered up at the same time as the EFIS. Is this the case?

ollie

I have d-100,2 1/2 yrs old&488 hrs ,AP74-new, SV42 servo with capstain drive-new.
Flew out to lunch today and everything seemed to be working before startup. Started engine,turned on avionics master and then turned on servo sw, wired as shown on diagram. Started to taxi and red line came on,THIS ROLL SERVO LOST. Checked status-D100=active, AP74=active, 42= off line, shows 3 network devices.
After take-off get red-DSAB-NETWORK COM LOST then red-DSAB AP74 NETWORK COM LOST.
Effis not bushmaster,status D100 lost peers. Configuration- 1 device found, D100 status stand alone.

Hope you can figure something out from this.

Ollie, 352 750 5312