Servo harness routing

Bobo

Is there any electrical interference concerns from running the dynon servo harnesses parallel and adjacent to other wiring (shielded intercom wiring, trim power, trim position sensors, strobe and nav light power, etc). Thanks for any input.
Bo

Carl_Froehlich

Don’t have a definitive answer for whatever harness you are using, but I do take a step to avoid this potential. I use a single, four #22 conductor shielded wire for the servo network connections. A #20 wire each for power and ground, and a #22 wire for servo disconnect. I use a nine pin D connector on the servo pigtail and this wire bundle to connect.

I run this bundle with all other wires in the wing and to the pitch servo. Never had a problem.

Carl

Bobo

Thanks Carl. I was going to use the dynon OEM harnesses with twisted pairs (blue/green twisted, striped blue/striped green twisted).

Perhaps I should reconsider and make harnesses as you describe.
Bo

airguy

The two data pairs are twisted to avoid interference - if you make your own cables (I did) then buy the twisted-pair conductors from Stein and use them.

As far as picking up or emitting interference, I've noticed none in my 1800 hours.

Bobo

The two data pairs are twisted to avoid interference - if you make your own cables (I did) then buy the twisted-pair conductors from Stein and use them.

As far as picking up or emitting interference, I've noticed none in my 1800 hours.
Thanks. Are the twisted pair wires from Stein plain like the dynon OEM harness, or shielded?

Carl_Froehlich

The four #22 conductor shielded wire does have the wires twisted and works just fine for the network. I like this assembly as it is robust. I use the same wire to connect the two OAT sensors that I mount on the bottom of the wing at the first inspection panel (RV wings).

Carl

BobD

I love flying!
I had the pitch servo continually dropping out, until I routed the Dynon harness away from the Transponder to aerial co-ax. Never had a problem since.