servo not visible anymore

balucang

I love flying!
Hi,
I've recently purchased an AP74 and 2 SV42 servos to complete my Flightdek D180 setup. After the mechanical and electrical installation , completed with the original dynon harness, I configured DSAB . 4 devices were correctly found. I've also managed to calibrate and test both roll and pitch servos without any problem. The first short flight test was uneventful and the AP appeared to work quite well with just minor adjustment needed. During the second flight, 10 minutes into the flight , I've got an error from the pitch servo, which was disconnected.
Once in the ground, I've tried to switch on and off several times the AP but I kept having the same problem. I tried to configure the DSAB again from scratch but this time just the roll servo was found and I' ve got a DSAB error. In order to troubleshoot the problem I've first checked all the wiring of the pitch servo but no faults were found. I've then tried to connect the pitch servo to the wiring of the roll servo and reconfigured DSAB. Pitch servo was not found. In order to double check pitch servo wiring I connected it to the roll servo. I reconfigured DSAB. Roll servo was found. It looks something is definitely wrong with the pitch servo. Is there any way to reset it so that it shows up again when I reconfigure DSAB?
During the short period the AP was working correctly I've noticed that when power was given to the servos, radio was becoming almost unreadable with very low volume and muffled voices. I do not know if 2 events could be related.

Thanks !!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Given your testing, it does sound like your servo has an issue. Give our tech support a holler at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com.

As for the radio, are you getting the audio issues only when they're engaged, or any time they've got power going to them? Are your servo power wires going any where near your radio antenna or audio wires?

balucang

I love flying!
I got the issue with the radio anytime power was given to the servos not only when they were engaged. Servo power wires are near antenna cable but they were in the same position also when I had the tru trak servo installed and I did not have any problem.
With regards to the faulty pitch servo do you think is there a way to 'reset" it without returning it for repair? I'am based in Italy. Tks

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Beyond fully disconnecting and reconnecting the wiring, which removes all power from the servos, there's no secret reset. Re-reading your post one last time seems to demonstrate that you've ruled out a wiring problem, which a large portion of the time is the culprit. I think we'll need to have you get in touch with our support staff from here.