Servo Power up Issues

s24789

My Dynon powers up when the battery buss comes alive. I have the power to my servos on the avionics buss. When I turn on teh avionics buss the servo are not recognized by the autopilot in my D180. I must cycle power to the servos for the D180 to see them and then it works well. This cannot be the expected behavior. Any clues ?
Thanks
phelps :-/

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The system does generally expect the servos to be powered on at the same time as the rest of the system. So when you do have them power up at a different time than the main unit, this possibility exists. Do make sure you are running the latest firmware (5.4) on your system.

Other than that, do know that the servos draw almost no current unless they're engaged, and they can't possibly engage unless they're commanded to by the display. Because of this, most people put them on the main bus, ensuring that they're appropriately fused or circuit broken.

s24789

Tried everyway and the d180 requires me to reset power the the servos 100% of the time. I tried doing a soft power off with teh left button and that seemed to work when I left the servos powered. But from a cold start, both getting power at the same time, they will not connect with a power reset on teh servos. This is not the advertised or correct behavior. Is the D180 messed up ?
phelps :-[

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So if everything is coming on at the same time and you're still seeing this, then there might be a hardware problem that we need to identify. It may not necessarily be the D180 though. Give our tech support a call at 425-402-0433 to work through this with them.