Servo wiring

skysailor

I know I must supply two wires (power and ground) to the servos. Are these added to the connector for the servo or is there another connection? Also, is the autopilot disconnect one of the wires in the harness or does that also have to be run in addition to the SV cable to the servo?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The servos have 7 wires, all of which areu used on a SkyView installation, and 5 of which are used on a D10/D100/D180 installation. If you're using the SV-NET-SERVO harness, all the wires are there, but only 4 of them go to SkyView Network connector. Then there's separate wires on that harness for poewr/ground (they need to be powered by ship's power, not SkyView) and also for the disconnect wire that needs to go to your disconnect switch. With other modules, all of the wires go to the SkyView network since the ADAHRS/EMS get their power from the display, and there isn't disconnect. The difference with the servos is that they need their own higher current power from the aircraft, as well as that disconnect.

skysailor

I guess I am a little slow this evening. If I order the harness from you it will come with all the wires I need at the servo end but I will need to connect power, ground and a disconnect since these are not in the network. Is that correct? Or do I have to lead the servo harness through the conduit (from the fuselage to the wing as an example) and then additionally lead the three other wires?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you order our harness you'll have all the wires you need, but, not all of them go to the SkyView network connector like with the other SkyView network devices.