Servos shows "not installed" after upgrade to 3.0

andylovett

Hello,
I have twin 7' SkyView monitors with the Dynon GPS, the ADAHRS (one only) and the EMS, a couple of backup batteries and autopilot.
I readily admit that I am technologically challenged, but yesterday I made an attempt at upgrading the software after the latest releases. For me, that was Skyview3.0, the sensor software (as recommended on the website), installed the South Pacific database (I'm Australian), the Very Low Res Terrain database and the Jeppesen stuff required outside of North America.
It all went wonderfully- except now the SkyView monitors are not recognising the Autopilot servos (says there are no servos installed)... they were installed and working fine when I flew for 4 hours the day before... and I have made no other changes. Any suggestions?

PistonBroke
Low Hours, technologically challenged but otherwise keen
Flying an Aeroprakt Foxbat (known as Valor in USA)

meljordan

Re: Servos shows "not installed" after upgrade to

While there are several possibilities, the most likely problem is that you did not have power running to your servos when you did the update to 3.0 on your system. This will mean that the servos are not on the right version and as a result your system can not talk to them.

The system can update the servos if you do a new NETWORK CONFIGURATION and select the UPDATE option that will probably pop up if the servos are detected and not running 3.0.

You can find the information on how to get into the NETWORK STATUS and NETWORK CONFIGURATION setup pages in section 3 of the installation manual. It is always a good idea following a firmware update to check the NETWORK STATUS page and make sure all modules in the system show "ON-LINE" and on the same firmware revision.

You can find more about updating your system in this forum thread,

http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1301917565

Try this out and see if it corrects the problem. If not, come back with the results of the NETWORK STATUS review and I am sure the Dynon guys will be happy to help. I just stepped in because it is the weekend and though you may want to try this out.

Regards,
Mel Jordan

andylovett

Thanks Mel

I'll try that out.

PistonBroke

andylovett

Thanks Meljordan

The fix was simple with your direction... more-or-less just power everything up and get Skyview to recognise it.

Now for 3.1!

PistonBroke