Share or not?

stewarth

I love flying!
Hi, I'm helping to wire a Vans RV7. It is fitted with a D100 and D180. It needs to be set up with Auto pilot etc.
My questions are: Is it possible to share out the work to the different instruments? If the D100 handles the autopilot and altitude encoder can the EDC-D10A be connected to the D180?
or..... should the D180 do everything and the D100 act as slave?
The DSAB 'twisted pair' - do these have to be physically twisted in the loom to wing and elevator servos? :-?
Thanks guys,
Stewart.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Our generic recommendation - because it's the easiest to understand, especially when things go wrong - is to set up the DSAB master, in your the D180, as the center of the system. It should have an EDC connected to it (an EDC for the D100 in case of failure is optional).

But, know that the DSAB master is technically always controlling the autopilot feature, even though you can use it from either screen. The DSAB master also provides heading information for the system. Finally, the altitude encoder output can be set up from either display. The serial output feature is fairly independent from DSAB.

stewarth

I love flying!
Many Thanks, Yep I'll set up the D180 as the master for all.
I got the chance to search this sit and I got the answer to my
twisted pair question ::)
cheers
Stewart.