Skysport fuel senders

sstearns2

Anyone using Skysport fuel senders?

I have 4 fuel tanks each with a skysport fuel sender. I'd like to use the general purpose inputs for tanks 3 and 4 with the Capacitance-to-Voltage Converters, but I'm not sure how that would work with the coax connector. What make of sender is the Capacitance-to-Voltage Converter intended to be used with?

Thanks,
Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As long as the capacitance converter outputs voltage or resistance we can use it. Personally, we are very fond of the DYNON converters, but others will work. ;)

We've never hooked the cap-voltage converters up to the GP inputs- they are technically only for the main fuel level inputs. I looked at the schematic, and I think they will work, but no full promises. Try it out and see how it goes. It matters how the cap-volt converter works, so in the case of the GP inputs, I think you'll have better luck with our converters than other ones.

sstearns2

OK, I getting the feeling that fuel level is going to be the tricky part for me having 4 tanks. The rest of the install is going great though.

I think the skysport senders are basically the same as the princeton senders. The skysport senders have 3 wires (12V, ground, signal). How do I go from that to the coax connector? Or is there a different converter that would work better with the three wire sender?

Thanks,
Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Scott,
If you have the Princeton senders, they are already voltage output. No converter needed. I'm guessing that since they take 12V, ground, and output a signal, you are good to go.

The BNC / Coax is used when you have a raw capacitive sender, which is just two plates in a tank or a coaxial tube.

What you have will work for tanks 1 and 2 for sure. Just set the sender type to capacitive.

It might work for tanks 3 and 4 as well, but it matters how the sender works inside. The best I can suggest is to plug one of the senders in to power and the EMS, go into the calibration for the fuel tanks, and put the sender in some water or fuel. If the value changes up and down, it will work, but there is chance that it won't move and will just stay at a high value.