Skyview Acro Capabilities

EchoCharlie1

A friend of mine is contemplating installing the SV-1000 in an Extra 300. If he overwhelms the ADAHRS during his play-time, is there a way to reset the system without powering down the SV-1000?

skysailor

Dynon Support will probably be along shortly to give the specifics but if the rate limits of the ADAHRS are exceeded I believe the display will go to a monochrome presentation to let you know the attitude is unreliable. If the aircraft is flown straight and level the Dynon will recover all by itself. When the unit determines the attitude is once again reliable, the color will return. This happens a great deal faster in the Dynon than in the competitors and is one of the reasons I like the unit. I can do aerobatics to my hearts content and have confidence that as long as I can give the unit a few minutes to recover, I could still shoot an approach back into the field later without having to shut the unit off. The rate limits are fairly high (perhaps as much as 300 degrees per second). While the Extra generates very high change rates about all axis, I think the unit will be fine. Dynon Support will probably have a more definitive answer for you.

dabear

I've flown acro with the SV.  Now you have the ability to cancel the "arrows" pointing to the horizon when in unusual attitudes (Thanks Dynon!!!).  

The SV will stay with most maneouvers however it tends to get lost at when there is a combination of roll and pitch at high rates.  So for instance, it gets lost on the back side (during the roll) of a cuban, or gets lost in the hammerhead.

That said it takes just a few SECONDS to align it self once you go straight and level.    The SV really self errects automatically and fast.

For me doing acro, there are three things I want to see on the scree:  G-meter, airspeed, altitude... the rest don't matter and I get as I'm looking outside.