Skyview and Garmin 327 Transponder

Alvin

Watch Thy Airspeed
Hello after installing the latest update on my skyview information is sent to the garmin 327 transponder but not sent back to the skyview. An error message appears on the skyview.
I have checked with Chris at SteinAir and setup is correct on skyview and the garmin.  Can anyone help me out or come across this situation?  Cheers!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We don't know of a bug there. What is the EXACT error message that you're getting on SkyView. What does the transponder area on SkyView's status bar at the top of the screen say or show? Was this a SkyView-only software update, or did you also update the transponder? Finally, do you know what software versions you were coming from and going to?

Alvin

Watch Thy Airspeed
The error message is Transponder fail
On the status bar a big red X
Sky view only software update to Ver 12.2 from ver 12
I flew into controlled airspace and transponder is working fine.
Thanks

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Do you have more than one display? If you do, is the transponder connected to serial ports on BOTH displays (it needs to be). Also - this doesn't change itself - but make sure that the serial port on your SkyView system is still configured correctly in SkyView's Setup Menu. If that doesn't yield any hints, you should get in touch with our support team directly at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com so that we can give you some more personalized support here.