Skyview And Ozrunways Charts Change?

sunfish

I love flying!
Due to the "problematic" nature of Australian Aviation regulators. EFIS displays are "not allowed" to display expired map data. Unless I am mistaken, this leaves open the possibility in the Skyview implementation of Ozrunways Australian charts of losing access to charts, possibly in flight or far from home or a reliable internet connection.

Could we have a "Database about to expire in X days" widget or flag?

Also, is it possible to load Two chart databases (ozrunways and pocket FMS) and perhaps swap between them? Is there a "base" map that Skyview will fall back to if chart access is lost due to data expiry?

jakej

Who said that & why?
Show me the regulation reference.

I'd get a second or third opinion - wait a minute, that's the problem with CASA, differing interpretations/advice/opinions from some individuals there.

Please pm me, I may be able to help - maybe there's some confusion here ;)

Jake J

bevan

I love flying!
Expiring data isn't a CASA thing, it comes from AirServices. Their data licensing agreements say we cannot allow access to expired data.

At AvPlan EFB, we provide the VFR, IFR maps and georeferenced DAP's for the Skyview. We sell this as an annual subscription for only $99.

These expire based on the usual update cycle but the new data can be downloaded around a week prior to expiry. This can be loaded on your Skyview in advance.

If you let the data expire you will be left with the pocketfms base map.

Thanks

Bevan..

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So we don't have an "about to expire", we do tell you when it HAS expired when you first go to the map menu on any boot. You can also see the expiry dates in SETUP MENU > LOCAL DISPLAY SETUP > INSTALLED DATABASE if they're provided by the data provider.