Skyview and Van's Tachometer Transducer

lucaperazzolli

Hi,

installed a Skyview system in a brand new RV-7. Today first engine run.

EMS from Skyview gave me 3500 rpm @ idle with 32.4 Map value.

I searched a lot into manual and Skyview setup pages but I loose

Have you an idea ?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The Vans tach transducer is nominally 1 pulse/rev (setting is under EMS SETUP > ENGINE INFORMATION). Do you have them on the low or high voltage inputs? If low, you might change it to the high voltage inputs.

As for the MAP, does it change when the engine is off? Or is it there all the time? Are you using our MAP sensor?

lucaperazzolli

The Vans tach transducer is nominally 1 pulse/rev (setting is under EMS SETUP > ENGINE INFORMATION). Do you have them on the low or high voltage inputs? If low, you might change it to the high voltage inputs.

As for the MAP, does it change when the engine is off? Or is it there all the time? Are you using our MAP sensor?

Hi, thanks a lot for your feed back.

RPM : I have connected the signal wiro to the Pin 32-white/green/ standard left as per instruction. under ems/engine information I choosed lycoming/4cyl/180hp

MAP: I'm using your sensor (with Weatherpack connector), Map value has small changes with engine on and off.

Luke (www.rv8.it)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
RPM: But what's the pul/rev setting at?
MAP: That's basically a an atmospheric(ish) MAP reading (29.92 on a standard day, but it'll be higher and lower depending on the day and your altitude) since it doesn't seem to be affected by the engine. I'd double check that there's actually a pneumatic connection between the manifold and the sensor, and of course the wiring to the sensor as well.