SkyView AP Roll and Pitch Error

jselesi1

On SkyView AP earlier worked fine.

BROKEN LINE DETECT set to OFF.

During AP flight the AP stopped to work and in same time both ROLL and PITCH ERROR appears.
After flight I check SkyView network status and see both servo reports error. I go for network config, and both servos disappears from list off network devices.
Remaining only D1000 and ADAHRS 200.
AP power switch was ON.
Similar error happened about six months ago, when both servos was replaced with new.
Do you have any advice to fix it?
Jos

jakej

Jos

Before you do anything I'd check to see if there is power at the servos or at least continuity from the circuit breaker to them, also check the grounds ;)

Do you have both servos power lines joined somewhere other than at breaker ? if so I'd check there too :)

HTH

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If everything else (ADAHRS, EMS) is still working, this sounds like a connectivity problem to the servos, or that they're not receiving power (has a fuse or breaker been blown). Are the servos getting normal ships power? If none of these turns anything up, give our support team a call. Mention your previous RMA so that they can look up what the root issue was last time, in case there might be a non-obvious pattern going on here.

jselesi1

Hello,
Yesterday I check the AP power and find a fuse has been blown. :-[ No more Pitch and Roll error.
After SkyView NET configuration both servo has been detected. One of them have a yellow message CONNECTION FAULT 4/8. From other topics I understand the V4.0 started to use and monitor secondary data loop via 4/8 pins. My question is, is there messages for primary data loop via 1/6 pins and exists this warnings in earlier versions, before 4.0?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hello,
Yesterday I check the AP power and find a fuse has been blown.  :-[ No more Pitch and Roll error.
After SkyView NET configuration both servo has been detected. One of them have a yellow message CONNECTION FAULT 4/8. From other topics I understand the V4.0 started to use and monitor secondary data loop via 4/8 pins. My question is, is there messages for primary data loop via 1/6 pins and exists this warnings in earlier versions, before 4.0?

Prior to v4.0, SkyView only used the primary data pair (pins 1 and 6). If that wasn't working, you couldn't communicate with the module.

As of v4.0, SkyView uses both primary data wires (pins 1 and 6) and secondary data wires (pins 4 and 8) to communicate with modules and between displays. AND it tests both of them, and tells you if there's an error with either one or both.