SkyView ARINC 429 dropouts from GNS430W

kurtfly

I love flying!
Dynon, what is the current progress / status regarding the momentary ARINC 429 dropouts that some GNS430W-->ARINC 429-->SV flyers experience. On my way to Oshkosh I had several dropouts in quick succession which caused autopilot to auto switch out of NAV to Course mode. I spoke to some guys at OSH about this and got the impression it is as good as it gets? Am I the only one experiencing this? Are you still working this issue.

The symptom i see is the magenta info, and CDI needle go away for a second or so. Sometime in quick sucession over a 2~3 second period. Most time the autopilot flywheels through these but in rare occasion it changes track modes. I am running the latest version of SV software (15.4.7 ), single SV1000T, autopilot. Never see any error message on SV or GNS.

Thanks,

Kurt

rfazio1951

I’ve got the same setup dual skyviews, arinc, & 430W. I flew for a couple of years with one screen also. I use the 430 as the NAV source a lot. I fly it IFR, and I have never experienced a drop out. Never had it drop to track. One question, where do you have the 430 GPS antenna mounted? I’ve got mine right behind the canopy on the fastback of my 6.

jakej

Richard,
I've had the 'dropouts', very momentarily, with an Avidyne gps & another autopilot. It happens so quick as not to be a bother to me at this stage.

kurtfly

I love flying!
I have seen the momentary dropouts sine day one since skyview installation it has much improved since version 15 I think. That was when this problem was addressed by dynon. My previous panel had a Sandel SN3308. Never had any issues with that. Same Gns430w and antenna location.

swatson999

I've had it, and I think I was one of the early reporters of it. I also get flickering widgets, which appear as the same sort of dropout, but may not be. I.e., it may be an ARINC signal dropout, plus some sort of priority/display error for the others, or it might be the same error underneath both. Dunno, since I didn't design the software :).

But, like the OP, I'd like to know the status of any fixes...