Skyview backup battery

petep

I love flying!
What is the typical life span of the backup battery? I need to get the third battery in less than a year. First one died while building. Second one was fine untill I installed V13 and then it stopped charging even though it passed the backup test. Can't believe these shouldn't last longer that that!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Our experience is that the lithium-ion backup batteries for our earlier line of products, and the SV-BAT-320, last up to 5 years easily, but they are batteries and eventually do degrade to the point that justifies replacement. We did have a batch of bad SV-BAT-320s, and those failed early (well within warranty); that probably explains the failure of your first SV-BAT-320. We warranty the SV-BAT-320 (and the batteries for our earlier products) for 3 years. I suggest you contact our Tech Support group (phone 425-402-0433 or email support at dynonavionics dot com) and explain the circumstances. There were no changes in v13.x to how the SV-BAT-320 is monitored or charged, so we'd like to hear more about the details.

What is the typical life span of the backup battery? I need to get the third battery in less than a year. First one died while building. Second one was fine untill I installed V13 and then it stopped charging even though it passed the backup test. Can't believe these shouldn't last longer that that!