Skyview Fuel Flow Questions

PeterBain

I have the Skyview and just installed the red cube fuel flow meter as i had another type from JPI.
What i am finding is :
When i come off full power it can take up to 10 minutes for the fuel flow on my skyview to come down from say 40 litres per hour to 21 litres per hour.
Is there a refresher rate that can be set or what could be the possible reason for this?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
SkyView's fuel flow reacts almost instantaneously - it basically counts pulses from that sensor, and those pulses are not averaged over any substantial length of time more than a second or two. So if you're seeing persistently high fuel flow, it's either 1) real or 2) an artifact of some turbulence or pulsation in the fuel line that's causing an erroneously high readings to persist. When you're done with a flight, does the fuel used end up too high as you'd expect it to if you were over-reading?

PeterBain

Yes when i filled up the computer told me i had used 84 Litres when in fact i had used 72 litres actual.
The K setting is still at 68000 so if i make the changes 84/72 x 68000 will this rectify the lag time as well?
What must i do to rectify the lag time?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Changing the K factor adjusts how individual pulses or spins of that impeller mean. In other words, if you raise the K-factor, you'll see lower fuel flows, but the lag won't change. That's something that the fuel flow sensor is actually seeing in the fluid (for some reason).

PeterBain

So i take it this is not a problem you have experienced before?
Any possible advice for me ?

I have tried running the fuel pump to try and eliminate any air bubbles.
The pipe flows down towards the carb like it always has before i had issues

mmarien

Murray M.
The pipe flows down towards the carb like it always has before i had issues
You might want to review the recommendations in the Skyview Installation Manual (page 7-41). If the cube is at a peak in the line it's probably trapping air bubbles.