Skyview GPS issue

garyd

I love flying!
I have a Flight Design CTLSi. Had an engine issue which resulted in taking the 2- 10 inch Dynon screens out.
I am now back and running with all software updates installed. I have a Garmn 650 as my backup GPS.
I usually use the Skyview GPS as primary. At present magenta course line shows up on HSI but not on moving map. When the 650 is primary magenta line shows up on moving map,HSI and 650 map page. Any ideas how to get magenta course back on Skyview moving map. Thanks gduclos

W

William_Ince

I have a Garmn 650 as my backup GPS.
I usually use the Skyview GPS as primary. At present magenta course line shows up on HSI but not on moving map. When the 650 is primary magenta line shows up on moving map,HSI and 650 map page. Any ideas how to get magenta course back on Skyview moving map.  Thanks gduclos
I am assuming by “map,” you are referring to the Skyview map.
No intent on insulting your intelligence, but did you select the GPS source as Dynon or Garmin? That can be toggled back and forth. That can be confirmed by observing the source indicated, adjacent to the HSI data. It will indicte the source name (as you chose on setup).
Additionally, did you enter a valid flight plan in Skyview? That provides a real course (magenta line for 1st leg). . :cool:

RV711AC

Did whatever took out the screens also damage the Skyview GPS? Go to the RS 232 setup and see if you have data on the gps input.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you have the moving map source set to the Garmin and the HSI set to SkyView. Go to map setup and make sure the TIE FLIGHT PLAN SRC TO HSI NAV SRC is set to YES

W

William_Ince

Sounds like you have the moving map source set to the Garmin and the HSI set to SkyView.  Go to map setup and make sure the TIE FLIGHT PLAN SRC TO HSI NAV SRC is set to YES
That’s an excellent tip!