SkyView Network?

RudiGreyling

Gents,

I'm busy with my Skyview installation and have 3 questions, before I cut and route some network wire through the aircraft.

I have the redundant configuration as per the diagram below.

1) Can I swap the daisy chain position of the components on the network to any place. i.e. both my ADAHARS are at the back of the aircraft, so I want to put them both at the end of the Skyview Network (where the Servo's are currently indicated)

2) Due to wire run considerations I'd like to daisy chain the second servo off the 2nd D1000 display, basically daisy chain it off the EMS-220 with a SV-NET-SPL to the 2nd servo.

3) With so many components connected on the same network same piece of wire, is the value changes quick enough on the display. ie. is the network fast enough to show critical information like ADAHARS changes in realtime on the display?

Thanks in advance
Rudi

skyview.jpg

skysailor

Rudy, the Skyview components can be installed in any order. The only real restrictions are that the EMS module must be on the cold side of the firewall and the ADAHRS modules must be installed within a certain envelope depicted in the install manual and in a magnetically inert area. The envelope covers most of the airplane.

The network will find each of the components and properly configure them during setup. After this is accomplished, the entire process will be transparent to you. In answer to your concern about real time information, I can assure you that is the case on all the displays. Dynon Support will likely be along to clear up any other questions you have but I wanted to answer some of your questions based on my experience with the system.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Gents,

I'm busy with my Skyview installation and have 3 questions, before I cut and route some network wire through the aircraft.

I have the redundant configuration as per the diagram below.

1) Can I swap the daisy chain position of the components on the network to any place. i.e. both my ADAHARS are at the back of the aircraft, so I want to put them both at the end of the Skyview Network (where the Servo's are currently indicated)

2) Due to wire run considerations I'd like to daisy chain the second servo off the 2nd D1000 display, basically daisy chain it off the EMS-220 with a SV-NET-SPL to the 2nd servo.

3) With so many components connected on the same network same piece of wire, is the value changes quick enough on the display. ie. is the network fast enough to show critical information like ADAHARS changes in realtime on the display?

Thanks in advance
Rudi

1. Yes, that will work fine.

2. Yes, that will work fine, but alternately you could use the SV-NET-SPL on the back of the SkyView Display.

3. As Skysailor confirmed, that's no problem. The SkyView Network is operating at 1 Megabit per second, so realtime updates from any number of modules, to any number of displays, isn't a problem.