Skyview only sees one servo

Sportsman7064

All,

Wired the 2 capstan servos per the manual, and recently installed the latest firmware. Doing a configuration of the system, the Skyview only sees one of the servos connected. I traced wires and found my connection to the network cable incorrect (white with blue and white with green were swapped), so I thought "aha" no problem. Unfortunately it still only sees one servo.

I don't see any other wiring issues..

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Russ
2 - Skyview 10"
1 - EMS / ARINC / ADAHRS

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Did you do another network configuration once you got the wiring sorted out? If you just went into the status page, nothing would've changed. Other than that, the vast majority of the time, it's wiring (pins not quite seated into Dsub connectors is a leading hard-to-find cause). If you think you've run out of things to look for, we can take a look at the servo, too (we're closed until Jan 2, btw).

Sportsman7064

Thanks for the reply over the break! I did indeed do another network configuration from both screens with no improvement. I'll go over the wiring carefully again with special emphasis on the d-sub connectors. I still have the test cable, so I might try going directly from the SV unit to the servos with that cable to see if things change.

Happy Holidays.

Russ

pksgwfac6v

Just my opinion but I wouldn't connect the servos with the test cable; they get power, ground and disconnect messages from an independent source. LOOK REAL CLOSE at the D-sub shell. Pull each wire independently and see if it is secure. I solderer my pin connections and some solder escaped from the witness hole and prevented the pin from "clicking" into place. As a result - a pin push back. And a real PITA time was had finding it. You will. :D

HiGeez