skyview-rv 42 servo problem

Rapidshot

I love flying!
Dear Expert,

i have 10 and 7 inches skyview displays, rv32 roll servo and rv 42 pitch servo,

today i installed brand new pitch servo 42 replacing the old slipping one,
when the power was on, the first message appeared was pitch servo not found, then i reconfigured the system, the software detected the correct serial number, but after pressing finish button and going back to efis screen only roll servo was there, rechecked connections but couldnt solve the problem, no pitch servo menu appeared on the efis screen whatever i did,

i hope this is a software based problem, not a hardware one,

the new servo stands on the seat before installing it under the seat which has a really tough access, can a missing body ground connection through the bolts and bracket , framing etc cause this problem,

i appreciate your urgent assistance ,

thank you

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
After you perform your network configuration, you need to go back through the servo calibration procedures under SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > SERVO CALIBRATION.

Rapidshot

I love flying!
Thank you,

my last question is, there is a date on the servo, probably the production date, what is the format of this date, dd/mm/yy ?

Rapidshot

I love flying!
i was trying to understand if the installed servo was a brand new or  second hand,   i found the answer by mailing directly to dynon support with backup photos, it was all about a warranty sticker on a continuously slipping servo after 10 hours of operation

i did not want to publish photos here, serial numbers etc in a public forum without having  an idea  what it was

thank you