Skyview software 6.2

trevpond

Hi Guys,

In mid fit of the Skyview system into my Europa at the moment and just read about the wiring changes for 2.6. What to do, as I understand that the Altitude encoder signal is likely to be off if wired as 2.5 - if wired to 2.6 spec, altitude encoder won't be correct now?

When is 2.6 due for release please.

regards

Trevor :-[

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Correct - If you re-wired it in parallel now (even if you left one of the screen's serial ports configured to not broadcast anything), the altitude output wouldn't make it to the transponder. The difference in 2.6 is that the SkyView system only lets one screen's transmitters be used at at a time, allowing both wires to be connected at once. This functionality uses a disconnection mechanism that's been in the hardware since day one, but is just not being activated in the SkyView software. Essentially, SkyView in 2.6 will send data from only one screen's serial ports at a time, without causing data collisions or interference. Because those mechanisms aren't active in 2.5, hooking up as specified for 2.6 will not work.

2.6 should be out before the end of October.

mmarien

Murray M.
One screen isn't affected. Use either software version 2.5 or 2.6

I believe that with two screens, you can wire the transponder from both screens so that if one fails, the other will still provide data to the transponder. You need version 2.6 for this to work properly.

rhunt

Please clarify for me. I am unable to get my GTX 327 to recognize output from the Dynons. I have two skyview 7" screens. I have wired all Serial ports from the skyviews together. That is to say that both tx wires from serial port 1 skyview 1 and skyview two are tied together. I have one unit turned on and one turned off at the serial port settings.. I have tried all combinations of serial ports and unit one and unit two. No joy.

Do I understand that i CANNOT have the two tx wires fron the skyviews wired in parallel EVEN if one unit is set to off?

I put my transponder in another Dynon equiped plane Saturday with a single skyview and it responded to the Icarus out put showing fl on the screen.

Jonas

try disconnecting the main harness from one of the displays for testing.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
hunt - That's correct. If you re-wired it in parallel now (even if you left one of the screen's serial ports configured to not broadcast anything), the altitude output wouldn't make it to the transponder. Until 2.6, you need to have only one display's TX physically connected to the 327. When you update to 2.6, you then NEED to to hook up the SkyView TX to both transponders, and of course set up the serial port as well.