SkyView stays on after shutdown

Kelad574

I love flying!
After shutdown, Skyview stays on and message says "Aircraft lost power" so displays stay on by internal backup battery requiring me to turn off each one individually. I can not find anywhere in settings to fix this. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been addressed already but could not find any help thru Search.
Thanks

preid

When i shutdown the displays go to backup battery and tell me I have 30 seconds before they shutdown. Are you not getting any countdown?
page 9-5 pf install manual covers the backup battery in more detail.
SETUP MENU > LOCAL DISPLAY SETUP > BATTERY BACKUP (SV-BAT-320

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
Could it be that if Dynon considers the aircraft is in flight then it will keep the display and reports the "Aircraft lost power" and when the aircraft is considered in rest and on the ground that Dynon presents the countdown and the option to power off now? So maybe the issue with with the detection of the "in-flight" condition

swatson999

Maarten is probably right...this issue has come up before, and posters find out that the system thinks they're still in flight (bad airspeed data or the like).

djones

Administrator
Staff member
You will want to do a ZERO PRESSURE IAS/AOA CALIBRATION as any airspeed at all will make it use the "AIRCRAFT POWER LOST" message instead of the countdown timer. Go to setup menu's, go to HARDWARE CALIBRATION > ADAHRS CALIBRATION > ZERO PRESSURE IAS/AOA CALIBRATION

ned

I love flying!
scroll down to the "enter full screen setup menu" then push knob in.

RV8JD

Speed tape reading 21 at standstill View attachment 4023
The Dynon thinks it’s still flying so only let’s me into the inflight setup screen.

Can't help you with your primary problem, but even in-flight you can enter the inflight setup mode by scrolling down to the "Enter Full Screen Setup Menu" at the bottom of the list in your pic above gets you there.

Kelad574

I love flying!
Could it be that if Dynon considers the aircraft is in flight then it will keep the display and reports the "Aircraft lost power" and when the aircraft is considered in rest and on the ground that Dynon presents the countdown and the option to power off now? So maybe the issue with with the detection of the "in-flight" condition
Yes, it thinks it's still in flight. When I first power up system and go to settings, it starts out with the "in flight" settings.

Kelad574

I love flying!
You will want to do a ZERO PRESSURE IAS/AOA CALIBRATION as any airspeed at all will make it use the "AIRCRAFT POWER LOST" message instead of the countdown timer. Go to setup menu's, go to HARDWARE CALIBRATION > ADAHRS CALIBRATION > ZERO PRESSURE IAS/AOA CALIBRATION
Many thanks, I'll give that a try!