SkyView/SV-GPS-250/Autopilot Navigation Options

JimHunt22

I love flying!
Hi

I'm building an RV7A currently in the UK and I am planning on installing the Dynon system including:

SV-GPS-250
Dynon Autopilot Control Panel (Plus Pitch & Roll Servos)
2 x SkyView D-SV1000 displays
Plus the rest of the requirement cabling / network / etc. to support these.

Given this Dynon equipment can I ask what may well be a a couple of very silly questions:

1. Can I setup a flightplan in SV that Autopilot will navigate Horizontally?
2.  Will this also support RNAV approaches (Horizontally)
3. Does the SV flight planning software include planning to VOR/ILS/Visual waypoints?
4.  Can I export flightplans from SkyDemon to SV?

And additionally:

5. If I want to also support VNAV, and ILS approaches using a certified ILS GPS receiver, along with ARNIC interface, which receivers do this - I mean can you tell which ones I should buy?

Thanks

James

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
1) Yes. SkyView supports full point-to-point flight plans natively.
2) No, but... Basically SkyView does not have any approach capability by itself. If you pair SkyView with and IFR GPS/NAV/COM, like the Avidyne or Garmin IFD/GNS/GTN products, we can both give its guidance on the HSI, and overlay it on the map. When those products are providing glidepaths/slopes, we can show that guidance too.
3) The PocketFMS data available in Europe includes VRPs, and generically we have intersections in the databases. VORs are in the database and can be navigated to, but they're not techncially a replacement for the actual reception of the VOR via a radio.
4) Yes!
5) More and more of our customers are going with the Avidyne IFDs these days, but we're admittedly biased :). Great UI/UX on those units though.

AlanR

Netwasp,
Its a long running request from users but whilst you can export flightplans from Skydemon to Dynon Skykview it is the only thing you can do. Nothing else. You will have to use PocketFMS EasyVFR for all data. For chart mapping you either use Dynon standard Charts/Maps or you can purchase AirMillion charts from PocketFMS Easy VFR to run on Skyview.