Small size of AOA

Followthemark

An AOA is an incredible asset widget available on my Skyview Classic. However, the small size constraint of the widget, reduces its usefulness. Are there others who share this opinion and wish to see a software change allowing the AOA size to be expanded by at last three times or more, depending on pilot preference, than the currently available small dimension?

andresmith76

I love flying!
I agree the visual display is small, so I rely on the aural tone alert instead. Doing so allows me to keep my eyes looking out the window and not on the display.

Followthemark

During cruise the size is fine. It would be great if it could be configured to increase the widget in size during departure/climb out and during decent and landing phases similar to gear position that gives an audible position based on preset airspeed parameters. I agree that the audible AOA is helpful but I find that even at the highest volume can be difficult to hear.

airguy

I agree that the audible AOA is helpful but I find that even at the highest volume can be difficult to hear.
Are you talking about headset total volume? Or specifically the AOA alert tone volume? Are you aware that you can set the volume for the AOA tone separately from everything else in the Setup menu under the Audio section?